Sometimes the clothes we see sent down the runways are far more wacky than wearable. This season however, the fashion police are telling us that a far more accessible trend is all the rage. That’s right guys, good old-fashioned blue is back.
From Hermes to Burberry, all the top designers included shades of blue in their spring/summer 13 collections. Whether it’s playful pastel aquas or classic navy hues, blue truly is the colour to add to your style repertoire this season.
The great thing about this trend is how versatile it is. The colour blue is the perfect foundation for colour-blocking, as well as a general starting point for most outfits. Here are some style suggestions using blue hues:
– A powder blue tee or shirt will sit perfectly under a washed out grey denim jacket.
– A burnt orange polo paired with cobalt chinos will be the perfect take on colour-blocking.
– A chunky navy roll neck will look great teamed with brown twill trousers and brogues.
– Throw an aqua sports jacket over a white gingham shirt and pair with slim-fit indigo jeans.
– Go all out and wear a structured blue blazer and team with navy chinos.
Blue is also perfect for the boardroom, with a sleek navy suit being a top choice for every dapper gentleman. There really is no feeling like walking into an office in a made-to-measure suit in deep navy teamed with an elegant pair of perforated brogues in tan.
For the more confident guys with a thirst for fashion-forward style, a turquoise leather jacket will make an instant bold statement. Layer yours over a slick black shirt and trousers to create a stylish contrast and put maximum attention on the design-led jacket’s hue. Finish this look off with an edgy array of chunky titanium rings on your fingers.